On the week of February 28, 2022 BuildForce is releasing a new course; Canadian Construction Contract Essentials.
For contactors and anyone involved in procurement and contracting within a construction company.
Gain a basic and practical understanding of Canadian construction contract and subcontract essentials.
- Understand what a contract is from a legal standpoint and what makes it valid and enforceable.
- Know some key legal principles regarding general contracts and construction contracts.
- Understand why contracts are important in the construction process.
- Learn the difference between a “bidding” contract and the actual construction contract.
- Be able to discern the difference between a letter of intent, a purchase order, and a construction contract.
- Learn about a major cause of construction disputes and why standard industry contract forms can reduce the risk of such disputes.
- Know the different types of construction contracts in terms of project delivery and pricing methods.
- Understand the structure, approach, and key provisions in a typical stipulated/fixed-price or
lump-sum construction contract and subcontract.
- Know how to read and understand a typical construction contract and subcontract.